Thursday, October 30, 2008

Laundry Soap

This may seem a little over the top but I thought I would share it anyways! I saw that show on TLC 17 kids and Counting. They make their own laundry soap. It looked too complicated boiling etc. This recipe of a powder form seems a lot easier.

Taken from Savvy Shopper:

1 c grated fels naptha bar soap found in the laundry section of the store (.99-1.09) each bar should grate to 2 c. This is also a good stain remover and I keep a bar on hand to rub on stains before washing.
1c Borax 2.69 at walmart also in the laundry isle. It is a laundry booster and disinfectant and there are many uses on the box. I also keep a diluted bottle on hand to use as a stain remover for laundry. 1c Arm and Hammer WASHING soda.

Equates to only 5 cents per load. I have a huge thing of Tide but I may try this when it is gone. I'll let you know. If you have tried making your own soap before let us know how it went.

No comments: