Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fun 4th of July Recipes

I love holidays and I love planning parties. I already have my kids' next birthday parties planned. I found this super fun rainbow jello recipe (although I am thinking of just rotating red, white and blue this time).

Here's the recipe courtesy of Food and Beverage Recipes

INGREDIENTS
7 sm. pkgs. sugar free Jello*
1 (15 oz.) can evaporated skim milk
*(2 lime, 2 lemon, 1 strawberry, 1 orange, 1 raspberry)

DIRECTIONS
1. Mix lime Jello and 1 cup boiling water. Dissolve 15 minutes. Add 1/2 cup cold water. Pour in 9 x 13 inch pan. Set 1 hour.

2. Mix lemon Jello with 1 cup boiling water. Dissolve 15 minutes. Add 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Pour over lime layer. Set 1 hour. Continue in the same manner:
Strawberry and water
Orange and milk
Raspberry and water
Lemon and milk
Lime and water

Note: You will need to make this ahead. It will store for up to 1 week.

Here are a few other fun ones courtesy of Food Network. See Recipes HERE

1 comment: