Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Best Banana Bread Ever!

What do you do when you have bananas that are too mushy to eat? You make banana bread of course. Seriously though, this recipe is so good I find myself purposefully buying more bananas than we can eat so that I will have to make this.

You can turn this (Eww, yuck):

Into this (Mmm, yum):
Here's how:

INGREDIENTS
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups sugar
2 cups bananas, mashed (I used 2 bananas)
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
3/4 cup chocolate chips (you don't have to add these but it's so good!)

DIRECTIONS
1. Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sugar.
2. Hand mix in the bananas, butter, eggs, chocolate chips.
3. Pour batter into 2 greased bread pans.
4. Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes (check at 40 minutes). I like to cover the top with foil to help keep the top from browning too much while the inside is still cooking. I take it off towards the end. Note to self: Make sure the foil is up in the middle so that the bread isn't touched.

This delish recipe is from my mom's cousin Sue. She has a blog suesfavoriterecipes.blogspot.com/
You can pretty much bet that anything Sue makes is going to be a hit. I'm lucky enough to have one of her cookbooks but you can click PDF updates and download a bunch of them. Enjoy!

1 comment:

21st Century Homemaker said...

Thanks I have been searching for a good banana bread recipe! Love chocolate and bananas!