1/2 cup Shortening
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
chocolate for the center (Kisses, Reese's, Dove, etc)
1. HEAT oven to 375°F.
2. CREAM together shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
3. STIR together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms.
4. SHAPE into 1-inch balls (Leanna and I make them bigger). Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
5. BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. (Make sure they don't overbake!)
6. TOP each cookie immediately with an unwrapped chocolate piece, pressing down firmly so that cookie cracks around edge. Remove from cookie sheets to cool.